tina mcquaig

Cold Case Spotlight – Tina McQuaig

Tina Marie McQuaig was a 27 year old wife and mother when she went missing after leaving her job at Shands Hospital in Jacksonville, FL on March 15, 2000. Her car was found a few days later in a Walmart parking lot. On December 26, 2002 a survey crew found human remains in the woods near Cecil Field. DNA later confirmed the remains were McQuaig and the medical examiner ruled her death a homicide.

Tina’s case has been been featured on America’s Most Wanted and Investigation Discovery’s show Disappeared.

For 15 years Tina’s family has sought answers and a killer has walked freely among us. Who knows how many others he has hurt. Let’s help spread the word in hopes that someone somewhere will see this and do the right thing. Tina and her family deserve answers and justice.

If you have any information regarding Tina’s case please call the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office at (904) 630-0500. To remain anonymous and possibly be eligible for a reward you can call Crime Stoppers at (866) 845-8477.

Case File McQuaig

If you have a loved one that is the victim of an unsolved homicide please submit their case here for consideration in a future Cold Case Spotlight post. ​​​​​​​​​​​
10 replies
  1. pamela
    pamela says:

i am praying for her family and that they find her killer. I had just watched this on the series Disappeared
    I was also wondering if anyone checked the video cameras at walmart to see what might have happened at her car .Well god bless to everyone helping solve this case

2. Scott
    Scott says:

They still need to pursue/question that neighbor man OR better yet his wife esp on why they weren’t around after the disappearance. Why hang out and pretend to mourn when he knows where she is?
    Too big of coincidence for them to have a fling and he Happens to be one of the few (employees only) to get access at Cecil Field. A non-employee could still take her there but they aren’t going to go through the trouble of accessing such a secured area.
    I sure hope he/she is caught soon. It’s been Way too long. SO sorry for the family of Tina.

• Linda Rice
      Linda Rice says:

Scott the city owned this area in 2000… anyone was allowed on there..the area was not secured I pray everyday that the one responsible for taking my daughter is arrested… we got no help whatsoever from Walmart, Shands hospital or the Winn Dixie she may have stopped at, for video footage.. No one had functioning cameras!!! So sad!

Linda
      (Tina’s mom)

• Crystal Richmond
        Crystal Richmond says:

So sorry. 😥 I’ve watched this before and just was wondering if they ever arrested her killer, and I came upon this. So sorry for your loss.

3. Shany
    Shany says:

I pray that all missing people are found and returned to their loved ones. There are some cases that have touched my soul and Tina’s is one of them. I watched a rerun of her Disappeared episode for the nth time and thought I’d check for any updates.

I pray for her family I can’t imagine the pain you’re going through. As I said earlier, Tina’s disappearance/murder has touched my soul and I know it will all be revealed. “What’s done in the dark will be brought to light!” Never lose hope!

4. Dg
    Dg says:

Sad to hear the killer is still out there. My suspecion is her relationships with the other men she had. Hope the family find closure soon.

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!